Not everyone is pleased with the natural shape and size of their nose. These patients may consider rhinoplasty, or nose surgery, at some point during their adult life. At Boston Plastic Surgery, we can educate patients on nose surgery and provide them with the “Who, what, when, where, and why” of rhinoplasty.
- Who – any patients who wants to address the appearance, shape, size, and other concerns with the nose may want to find out if they are a proper candidate for rhinoplasty. The best way to determine candidacy is to be open and honest during a consultation appointment with a plastic surgeon such as Dr. Samuel Lin of Boston Plastic Surgery. Patients can discuss their desires and determine if nose surgery will help them achieve these results.
- What – rhinoplasty is a nose surgery that may be used to improve function and appearance of the nose. Some patients may desire a more defined bridge, smaller nostrils, or a slimmer nose to properly balance and harmonize their facial symmetry. Rhinoplasty encompasses many different elements of the nose based on a patient’s unique needs.
- When – most patients choose to have rhinoplasty procedures performed when they become an adult to ensure that their facial elements have formed to their permanent specifications. During a consultation appointment, our doctor can evaluate a patient and help them schedule surgery.
- Where – most of Dr. Samuel Lin’s procedures are done right in his office on 8 Binney Street Ground Floor, Boston, MA 02215 or in a hospital setting. This varies depending on the type and complexity of the surgery.
- Why – many patients choose to have rhinoplasty surgery to enhance their nose and make it balance better with the facial contours. Both men and women visit with our doctor to decide if this procedure can meet their needs. We also walk patients through the process and show them before and after photos of past patients to ensure they have realistic expectations of what can be achieved with plastic surgery.