Millennials are Mingling with Cosmetic Procedures
- Posted on: Aug 15 2017
There is something about human nature that makes us want to label everything. We label people and groups of people. Years ago, there was a great deal of buzz about trends among Baby Boomers. Now, we are talking about the choices being made by the youngest generation to be labeled, the Millennials. Of particular interest is the movement of this age group toward cosmetic surgery and non-surgical enhancement procedures.
Who are the Millennials?
Men and women in the 18 to 34-year-old age group have become known as Millennials. Because of the perceived youthfulness of this age group, except for the uppermost limit, it is easy to wonder what in the world could be driving this notable interest in wrinkle reduction, body contouring, and other procedures. The answer has been clear . . .
The primary reason why cosmetic procedures are being sought by the younger age group is that many of today’s treatments are excellent methods of preservation. Whereas Baby Boomers may visit our office to get back something that has been lost, Millennials are more often interested in postponing problems like frown lines and jowls with injectibles and other non-surgical treatments. Another common theme among this age group, which is shared with older patients, is the desire to look the way they feel on the inside.
In addition to non-surgical treatments to plump lips and reduce the movement of facial muscles, younger patients are expressing interest in common cosmetic surgeries such as:
- This leading cosmetic procedure sculpts the body by extracting extra fat cells that may be causing bulk where it just doesn’t belong. Common areas for liposuction include the thighs, buttocks, back of the arms, the abdomen, and even the chin (double-chin).
- Breast augmentation. The trend of extra-large breasts has all but passed, but breast augmentation remains a leading procedure among women who desire more roundness, a higher breast profile, or better symmetry.
- Breast reduction. Not only are smaller breasts the current trend, but a slighter figure is also more physically comfortable and allowing. Women may seek breast reduction to reduce back fatigue or other symptoms, and also to find it easier to fit into clothing they prefer.
- Nose surgery is advantageous for cosmetic as well as functional issues. Reshaping may often be achieved with dermal fillers, but the results of rhinoplasty are for life!
- Ear surgery. Otoplasty is performed to reshape or reposition the ears. This procedure may also be called ear pinning. Patients who undergo otoplasty report feeling significantly more confident in social situations, and more satisfied on a personal level.
Younger adults are using modern technology to their advantage, and we are happy to help. Learn more about the cosmetic procedures available in our Boston office at 617-632-7369.
Posted in: Cosmetic Procedures