When to Consider a Tummy Tuck
- Posted on: Mar 15 2017
Diet and exercise are the best ways to firm and tone your body, but sometimes it isn’t enough. This can be frustrating. Who wants to work out like crazy and watch every calorie only to realize that some of that loose, excess fat just won’t budge? If this sounds like you, you’re not alone. You may be one of the thousands each year who consider abdominoplasty to flatten and tighten your tummy once and for all. If you experience any of the following issues, a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) may be right for you:
- Are unhappy with the appearance of your stomach
- Have a misshapen stomach due to aging, genetics, pregnancy or significant weight loss
- Are a non-smoker, as your ability to heal is hindered if you’re a smoker. Smoking also interferes with proper circulation and increases your risk of complications during and following surgery.
- Are in good overall physical health, with a healthy heart, lungs, and kidneys, which can help you tolerate anesthesia used during surgery.
- Are finished having children. A tummy tuck does wonder for tightening your stomach muscles, but becoming pregnant after abdominoplasty can loosen them, which can make the time and money you’ve spent seem like a waste.
- Have good nutritional habits, which is essential to healing.
- Are at a stable weight without being obese, as significantly overweight individuals are not the best candidates for a tummy tuck.
- Lack self-confidence because of your enlarged belly
- Have realistic expectations and a positive attitude
When diet and exercise isn’t enough, it may be time to consider a tummy tuck. Only an experienced physician should take care of your skin. Dr. Lin is equipped with advanced knowledge and the ability to give you the best results. If you are ready considering abdominoplasty, schedule a consultation today by giving us a call at (617) 632-7369.
Posted in: Body Contouring